a9 June 2014

400k views on 500px & Meet Bruce

400.000 views on 500px :)

Another day and another milestone reached on one of my accounts. Just yesterday total number of views of my photos on 500px went beyond 400.000 :)

You can view all of my photos on 500px here.

Daily photo - Meet Bruce

Meet Bruce. Bruce is made of wax and is one of the many men figures in Madame Tussauds in London. In general going there was a nice experience as otherwise I probably wouldn't have a chance to meet so many famous people, especially in one place ;) Not to mention taking photos of them. During the day the museum was very crowded with waiting time to get inside of about 2 hours. So I decided to visit it an hour and a half before it closes... and you know what? It was almost empty at that time :)

Below photo was taken with high ISO (3200) because tripods aren't allowed inside. However, this photo is a proof of what I wrote in this post, i.e. with modern cameras you don't have to be afraid of using high ISOs anymore. This turned out to be very useful in London museums as most of them don't allow tripods.

Back to Madame Tussauds. Despite the fact I really enjoyed it, I was a little bit disappointed by a few things. First of all there aren't that many famous people there as I hoped (maybe my expectations were just too high :) ?). Instead there is now collection of comics heros (Marvel and alike) which is not something I'm really keen on.

Another thing which I myself found a little tasteless or even sad was figure of Hitler (aren't there people that deserve being "portrayed" more?). I understand that he was part of 20th century history but given how much evil things he did I find it really strange that he is in the same room as people who are positive characters. What's more he's standing next to figure of Churchill. Finally a lot of people visiting the museum take photo with him (during my visit, more people took photo with him than with any other figure in the room). That's really sad that so many people don't understand history and don't remember it.
Wax figure of Bruce Willis in Madame Tussauds in London
Finally some EXIF info:
Technical details:
Camera: Canon 5D MK III (read my review here)
Lens: Canon 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS USM
Focal length: 99 mm
Aperture: f/4.0
Exposure time: 1/30 s ("middle" exposure)
ISO: 3200
Number of exposures: 1
E.V. Step: n/a
Flash used: no
Tripod: yes
Filters: no
Technique: HDR, tone-mapping, luminosity masking
Software: Magic Lantern, Lightroom 5.4, Photoshop CC, Topaz Clarity

Where was this photo taken:

Post a Comment