a19 July 2014

8 million views of my photos

8 million views of my photos

First of all, I'm very happy to share with you something that I have just discovered about one of my online accounts - my photos and other posts on Google+ (you can view my profile here) were viewed a total number of 8 million times. Yes, 8 million - quite a lot :)

It's a great achievement especially as I only have 6.5 thousand "constant" followers (and quite frankly I have no idea how to improve this).

BTW I'd like to remind you about my Newsletter. In case you don't want to miss any interesting content from my blog, make sure to subscribe to it by visiting this link.  

Daily photo - London in the evening

Today photo is another HDR image taken in London. I captured this one during blue hour. I used exposure of 1.3 second for middle photo to blur water a little bit
Evening in London

Composition

To understand better what I'm talking about below, make sure to read my comprehensive tutorial about photo composition, which as always is available completely for free.

First take a look at the image below:
Evening in London - composition
As you can see from this image, in case of this photo I used one main rule - golden ratio rule (grid is drawn in green). The bridge over Thames goes through one of the horizontal lines of the grid, right-most scyscraper was put in one of the vertical lines of this grid and finally boats in foreground are both located in the intersections of golden ratio grid.

Additionally I used "virtual" leading line here. Take a look at the boats - there is a group in foreground, a few others a bit further, another group even further and further. We could draw a line passing through all these groups and this line would lead from the group of boats in foreground to the bridge thus attracting attention to it.

Camera Info

Finally some EXIF info:
Technical details:
Camera: Canon 5D MK III (read my review here)
Lens: Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS USM
Focal length: 67 mm
Aperture: f/9.0
Exposure time: 1.3 s ("middle" exposure)
ISO: 100
Number of exposures: 5
E.V. Step: 1.0
Flash used: no
Tripod: yes
Filters: no
Technique: HDR, tone-mapping, luminosity masking
Software: Magic Lantern, Photomatix Pro 5 (Contrast Optimizer), Lightroom 5.4, Photoshop CC, Topaz Clarity

Where was this photo taken:

Post a Comment