a2 July 2014

Newsletter #1 and Ruins in Chichen Itza

Post-processing Wednesday - changes again

Normally there should be another part of Post-processing Wednesday series today but I decided to change the rules once again (sorry guys!). It won't appear every week but rather every other week. Why? Well, I noticed that if I share new posts in this series too often less people read them than when I share them less often. However, at some stage I might go back to the idea of publishing new posts of this series on a weekly basis.

So next "post-processing" post will appear on Wednesday, 9th June 2014.

Newsletter Issue 1

Later today first issue of HDR Photographer Newsletter will be delivered to the subscribers (there aren't many of you but good thing is that this number is slowly rising every day :) ). As I already mentioned, starting with next issue there will be some subscribers-exclusive content. If you don't want to miss it, make sure to "register".

You can subscribe to the Newsletter by visiting this link.

Daily photo - Ruins in Chichen Itza

I shared some photos and stories from ancient Mayan city of Chichen Itza in Mexico before. Today I would like to show you one more high dynamic range photo of the ruins there. It's some kind of a temple and I think it looks pretty nice against the blue sky.
Ruins in Chichen Itza

Composition

If you would like to learn more about photo composition, make sure to read my free Photo Composition Primer in which I detail composition rules mentioned below and much much more.

Composing this image was a fairly easy task. There was a tree (or maybe I should say ruins of a tree as it wasn't in very good condition) which looked quite interesting against the walls of this ancient building. I therefore decided to put it on a vertical line of the rules of thirds grid (marked in red on the image below) thus attracting viewers' attention to it.
Photo composition

Camera info

Finally some EXIF information:
Technical details:
Camera: Sony NEX-6
Lens: Sony 10-18 f/4
Focal length: 16 mm
Aperture: f/7.1
Exposure time: 1/60 s ("middle" exposure)
ISO: 100
Number of exposures: 3
E.V. Step: 2.0
Flash used: no
Tripod: no
Filters: circular polarizing filter
Technique: HDR, tone-mapping, luminosity masks
Software: Photomatix Pro 5 (Contrast Optimizer), Lightroom 5.4, Photoshop CC, Topaz Clarity, Topaz Detail

Where was this photo taken:

Post a Comment