a11 July 2014

Winter wonderland

Daily photo - Winter wonderland

It's still very hot here in Warsaw so today I will post one more winter photo :)

This time I would like to share HDR photo from Tatra mountains, which I myself like very much. It was getting late and dark at the time I captured this image (well it was probably something like 3 PM but in Winter day is rather short here) so there wasn't much natural light available and what was left had blue tint to it. Together with snow on the ground and trees it created very magical although cold scenery. I decided to "enhance" it by applying simple painterly processing to it.

You can learn more about my painterly processing from this simple tutorial.
Winter wonderland

Camera Info

Finally some EXIF info:
Technical details:
Camera: Canon 5D MK III (read my review here)
Lens: Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS USM
Focal length: 47 mm
Aperture: f/8.0
Exposure time: 1/320 s ("middle" exposure)
ISO: 200
Number of exposures: 3
E.V. Step: 2.0
Flash used: no
Tripod: yes
Filters: no
Technique: HDR, tone-mapping, luminosity masking, painterly
Software: Magic Lantern, Photomatix Pro 5 (Contrast Optimizer), Lightroom 5.4, Photoshop CC, Topaz Simplify

Where was this photo taken:

Post a Comment