a12 August 2014

Follow me for more updates

Follow me for more updates

If you like my photos or tutorials (or both) and would like to stay in touch with me, you can follow me in various social networks as well as on the blog. I'm most active on Facebook and Google+ (for the reasons described here). Here are the links:
  • YouTube - some time ago I started posting my video tutorials on YouTube. There isn't many of them yet but recently I try to record new ones more often so expect more content there in following weeks.
  • Facebook - I'm most active on Facebook. I don't only post new images there but sometimes I also give some tips and answer various questions (also from private messages).
  • Google+ - another social network where I'm quite active although on Google+ I mostly post images and comment on friends' images.
  • Newsletter - you can also subscribe to this blog's newsletter to be notified about most interesting content I share. However, if you would like to be notified about new posts more frequently you can consider subscribing to RSS feed instead.
I also post images quite regularly on 500px, so if you're there make sure to add me to your friends too.

Daily photo - Sunset in Mexico

Today I would like to share high dynamic range image I took in Mexico during late sunset. I decided to use longer exposure to blur water to get rid of any waves and ripples and thus to make the whole image calmer. I think the boat is a nice addition (without it the photo would be rather empty and boring).
Sunset in Mexico

Camera info

Finally some EXIF information:
Technical details:
Camera: Sony NEX-6 (read my review here)
Lens: Sony 10-18 f/4
Focal length: 17 mm
Aperture: f/8.0
Exposure time: 3.2 s ("middle" exposure)
ISO: 100
Number of exposures: 8
E.V. Step: 1.0
Flash used: no
Tripod: yes
Filters: Cokin NDX variable density neutral filter
Technique: HDR, tone-mapping, luminosity masks
Software: Photomatix Pro 5 (Contrast Optimizer), Lightroom 5.4, Photoshop CC, Topaz Clarity

Where was this photo taken:

Post a Comment