a11 August 2014

Swan on the Lake

Daily photo - Swan on the lake

I captured below photo in Saint James' Park in London earlier this year. It was quite late already and the light was pretty awful and flat (it was cloudy all day) so I didn't have big hopes of capturing more nice images on that very day. But then I saw below scene and I really liked it. A single swan was swimming unhurriedly on the pond's surface. There was something very gentle and elegant about it and also it looked quite interesting with all those building in the back (I think that placing nature next to architecture/civilization always looks interesting). So I took out my camera and captured a single exposure.
Swan on the lake

Composition

Composition of this photo was fairly straightforward - I simply put the swan in bottom-left intersection of the rules of thirds grid to attract attention to it. Also the horizon "almost" lies on one of the horizontal lines of this grid.

Camera Info

Finally some EXIF info:
Technical details:
Camera: Canon 5D MK III (read my review here)
Lens: Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS USM
Focal length: 55 mm
Aperture: f/6.3
Exposure time: 1/125 s
ISO: 400
Number of exposures: 1
E.V. Step: n/a
Flash used: no
Tripod: no
Filters: no
Technique: luminosity masking
Software: Magic Lantern, Lightroom 5.4, Photoshop CC, Topaz Clarity

Where was this photo taken:

Post a Comment