a18 December 2014

Angry Sky

Daily photo - Angry Sky

High Dynamic Range image of very dramatic sunset in Dahab, Egypt

Today HDR image from Dahab in Egypt is pretty old one and if I was to shoot it today I would probably approach it differently (but does it mean better is hard to say :) ) as I'm not really fond of composition which I find quite boring. However, what saves this photo is amazing sky. It was really dramatic sunset and I still remember that very feeling when I was capturing that image - I was afraid that it's some severe sand storm approaching from over nearby desert. But it wasn't.

If you would like to create such images yourself, make sure to read my free HDR tutorial where I show how to do that.

Camera Info

Finally some EXIF info:
Technical details:
Camera: Canon 50D
Lens: Canon 10-22 f/3.5-4.5 USM
Focal length: 10 mm
Aperture: f/16.0
Exposure time: 1/4 s ("middle" exposure)
ISO: 100
Number of exposures: 3
E.V. Step: 2.0 EV
Flash used: no
Tripod: yes
Filters: no
Technique: HDR, tone-mapping, luminosity masks
Software: Magic Lantern 2.3, Photomatix Pro 5.0 (Contrast Optimizer), Lightroom 5.4, Photoshop CC, Topaz Clarity, Topaz Detail

Post a Comment