a16 December 2014

Warm Cretan Light

Daily photo - Warm Cretan Light

High Dynamic Range image from Crete

It's getting cold and ugly outside so what about photo taken in a bit more pleasant conditions? HDR image from today post was taken in the middle of summer in Crete.

BTW in my recent tutorial about Contrast Optimizer in Photomatix Pro, I mentioned that Contrast Optimizer can be used with great results on single LDR images. And here is example. After tone-mapping and finishing above image in Photoshop, I ended up with an image that I liked generally but which had not that great contrast and clarity. So what I did was to open this image in Photomatix Pro, choose Balanced preset and clarity and contrast greatly improved.

If you would like to create such images yourself, make sure to read my free HDR tutorial where I show how to do that.

Camera Info

Finally some EXIF info:
Technical details:
Camera: Canon 5D MK III (read my review here)
Lens: Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS USM
Focal length: 24 mm
Aperture: f/11.0
Exposure time: 5 s ("middle" exposure)
ISO: 100
Number of exposures: 7
E.V. Step: 1.5 EV
Flash used: no
Tripod: yes
Filters: no
Technique: HDR, tone-mapping, luminosity masks
Software: Magic Lantern 2.3, Photomatix Pro 5.0 (Contrast Optimizer), Lightroom 5.4, Photoshop CC, Topaz Clarity, Topaz Detail

Where was this photo taken:

Post a Comment