a6 August 2012

Water Splash

This is another photo from a recent shoot. This time a water splash. It's quite amazing how such a common thing looks when viewed through a macro lens and with a fast shutter speed.

I used quite fast shutter speed to create this somewhat abstract image. As I was using Phottix Strato II wireless transmitter I was limited to 1/250 s. Next time I plan to use continuous light to shoot with even faster shutter to create something even more intriguing.

I was asked by some people how did I achieve these colors. The solution was simple. I used colourful cards and reflected flash light off them. I will write a few more words about my technique later this week (hopefully with another set of images as I analysed my mistakes and hope to do better next time :) )

EXIF data:
Camera: Canon 5D MK II
Lens: Canon 100 mm f/2.8 L IS USM Macro
Focal length: 100 mm
Aperture: f/9.0
Exposure time: 1/250 s
ISO: 100
Number of exposures: 1
E.V. Step: n/a
Flash used: yes, off-camera
Tripod: yes
Filters: no
Software: Lightroom 4.1, Photoshop CS5

Post a Comment