Continue reading ...
Photomatix Essentials 4.0 is out
Photomatix Essentials, a smaller brother of Photomatix Pro, has been just updated to version 4.0! You can find more on its page.
This new version adds a lot of features and changes and here are just the most important of them:
- Addition of new tone-mapping method: Contrast Optimizer which produces realistic & natural looking images. If you follow my work - this is tone-mapping method I recently use 90% of time.
- Addition of Step 3 window in which users can now apply contrast adjustments and sharpening prior to saving the image.
- Addition of option to refresh preview continuously as slider moves (64-bit version only).
- Addition of Preview checkbox in Step 2 that allows comparing tone-mapped/fused image to the original one.
- GUI overhaul for better user experience :)
Daily photo - Under the Bridge
Today photo was taken during sunset in Warsaw near Grot-Rowecki's Bridge. It's a HDR from 7 exposures, tone-mapped in Photomatix Pro using Contrast Optimizer processing method (this method has been just added to Photomatix Essentials 4!).