a1 October 2012

¡hola! and the Milky Way

¡hola! I was away for last two weeks as you may have noticed (as there were no new posts during that time). I came back just yesterday from the Fuerteventura Island (in the Canary Islands). Now I have a lot of new material (8700 photos to be exact) so it should keep me busy processing and uploading for a few weeks to follow. I took a wide variety of photos during that time - from astrophotos (as seen above), panoramas, sunrises/sunsets, architecture shots, sports/action and portraits. I also took a small number of infrared photos.

Now a few words about the photo you can see in this post blog. It shows the Milky Way galaxy as seen from the beach near the town of Corralejo. I was lucky to have no clouds (only just a few just above the horizon) and moon so I could easily see the galaxy even without taking a photo. For that reason I used rather short exposure (10 seconds) - this prevented stars from moving too much and producing blurry result.

Hope you like this.

EXIF data:
Camera: Canon 5D MK II
Lens: Canon 24 f/1.4 L USM II
Focal length: 24 mm
Aperture: f/1.4
Exposure time: 10 s
ISO: 800
Number of exposures: 1
E.V. Step: n/a
Flash used: no
Tripod: yes
Filters: no
Software: Lightroom 4.1, Photoshop CS5

A to dopiero początek i obróbka "na szybko" :) mam nadzieję, że inne zdjęcia też przypadną do gustu ;)

This is very beautiful. Glad you had a good trip and look forward to seeing further photographs.

I was wondering where you'd got to. Looking forward to the pics!

Very nice photographs. You definetely got a reader. Check out my blog too. http://esagraphy.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

7 komentarze:

  1. Replies
    1. A to dopiero początek i obróbka "na szybko" :) mam nadzieję, że inne zdjęcia też przypadną do gustu ;)

      Delete
  2. This is very beautiful. Glad you had a good trip and look forward to seeing further photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering where you'd got to. Looking forward to the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice photographs. You definetely got a reader. Check out my blog too. http://esagraphy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete