a6 November 2013

Blue hour in Warsaw

Blue hour in Warsaw
Click on the photo to view it in large size on black background.


Today I intended to publish new tutorial finally. Unfortunately lack of time didn't allow me to finish it on time so I will publish it later this week. So instead I would like to share a blue hour photo from Warsaw. Processed using Contrast Optimizer in Photomatix Pro and finished with luminosity masks in Photoshop.

As you have maybe noticed in my photos I often use apertures of f/7.1 - f/11 (depending on the lens) even when I use wide angle lenses. If you're into landscape photography you probably know that wide angle lenses produce enough depth of field even when using them wide open. But there is one more factor - sharpness. Each of the apertures produces images differing in sharpness and after some experimentation I found these apertures to be the sharpest ones for the lenses I own. If you would like to find sharpest aperture of your lens, read this tutorial.

Technical details:
Camera: Canon 5D MK III
Lens: Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS USM
Focal length: 40 mm
Aperture: f/8.0
Exposure time: 8 s ("middle" exposure)
ISO: 200
Number of exposures: 5
E.V. Step: 1
Flash used: no
Tripod: yes
Filters: ND8 neutral density filter
Technique: HDR, tone-mapping, luminosity masks
Software: Magic Lantern 2.3, Photomatix Pro 5.0 beta (Contrast Optimizer), Lightroom 5.0, Photoshop CC, Topaz Simplify, Topaz Detail

Where was this photo taken:

Post a Comment