a2 December 2013

Angry sky above the peaks

Przełęcz Pod Kopą Kondracką
Click on the photo to view it in large size on black background.
Although I'm not 100% happy with the photo above (as I would like to compose it slightly differently) there are a few things that are really nice about it - clarity and the look of the sky being two most important ones.

And why I simply didn't compose it differently? Well, it was a very windy day when I was there - the wind was very strong and really freezing so after just a few seconds of enjoying the views I had enough for that day :)

BTW it seems that my star photography tutorial, have just reached 10.000 page views! Thanks everyone for reading it. No promises made, but I'm looking into possibilities of improving it (similarly to how I constantly improve my HDR tutorial) to make it even more interesting and complete.

Technical details:
Camera: Canon 5D MK III (read my review here)
Lens: Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS USM
Focal length: 24 mm
Aperture: f/9.0
Exposure time: 1/500 s ("middle" exposure)
ISO: 320
Number of exposures: 5
E.V. Step: 1.0
Flash used: no
Tripod: yes
Filters: circular polarizing filter
Technique: HDR, tone-mapping, luminosity masks
Software: Magic Lantern 2.3, Photomatix Pro 5 (Contrast Optimizer), Lightroom 5.0, Photoshop CC, Topaz Clarity

Where was this photo taken:

Post a Comment