a31 December 2013

Crete in Infrared

Infrared photo from Crete
Click on the photo to view it in large size on black background.
Today I would like to share infrared photo I took in Ammoudara, Crete during last summer. It's almost exactly same location as yesterday yet it looks so completely different due to using infrared filter which made the scene look surreal, maybe even a bit ethereal.

If you're interested in infrared photography yourself, make sure to read my free tutorials:
I would also like to take this occasion to wish all my readers Happy New Year! I hope it will be a brilliant year for all of you, full of great moments in your lives and full of amazing photos.

Technical details:
Camera: Canon 5D MK III (read my review here)
Lens: Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS USM
Focal length: 24 mm
Aperture: f/14.0
Exposure time: 10 s ("middle" exposure)
ISO: 1600
Number of exposures: 1
E.V. Step: n/a
Flash used: no
Tripod: yes
Filters: Hoya IR R72
Technique: infrared, luminosity masks
Software: Magic Lantern 2.3, Lightroom 5.0, Photoshop CC, Topaz Clarity

Where was this photo taken:

Post a Comment