a18 January 2014

First tests of Sony NEX-6

Quick tests of Sony NEX-6

Today I finally had a chance to do some quick tests of my new Sony NEX-6 camera (and Sony 10-18 f/4 lens) that I will use almost exclusively for the next few weeks (sort of experiment before one of my trips). First impression is - man, it's so light! Even with a lens I can hardly feel its weight. Amazing! Especially compared to DSLR :) And it's so small that I can hide it my jacket's pocket! As for the images themselves I'm not sharing anything yet as the light was very boring and flat today so they aren't very good (they are just boring). Hopefully I'll manage to capture something better in the next few days. But as far as I can see, image quality is quite nice even on high ISO. So everything looks promising.

Daily Photo - Cannon in Lisbon

Today's HDR photo was taken in Sao Jorge Castle in Lisbon. I captured just 3 exposures (at that time I almost never captured more) but it was enough to capture whole dynamic range of the scene. I also composed it in such a way that both visible wheels are in the points of imaginary 3x3 grid thus satisfying rule of thirds.

What I like most about this image, is the amount of details in the cannon itself. It was a beautiful piece of weaponry and with tone-mapping I could further enhance these details and make them pop.
HDR photo of cannon


Finally some EXIF info:
Technical details:
Camera: Canon 5D MK II
Lens: Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS USM
Focal length: 32 mm
Aperture: f/11.0
Exposure time: 1/50 s ("middle" exposure)
ISO: 800
Number of exposures: 3
E.V. Step: 2
Flash used: no
Tripod: no
Filters: circular polarizing filter
Technique: manual blending, luminosity masks
Software: Magic Lantern 2.3, Photomatix Pro 5 (Details Enhancer), Lightroom 5.0, Photoshop CC

Where was this photo taken:

Post a Comment