Please, note that it isn't final desired look (I intend to make some font/colour changes as well as redesigning right column). As a software developer I've been always a great fan of iteration-based approach. With this approach you implement part of functionality (iteration) and show it to the client. You gather feedback from him and go on with another iteration, gather feedback again, and start another iteration... and so on and so forth. In case of this blog, you are my "clients" as you read this blog. I prefer to show you just part of the intended changes (one iteration) instead of making all the changes just to be told that the design isn't good or that it's ugly.
So yes, I'm looking forward to your opinions, feedback, suggestions and of course reports of things that aren't working anymore (I changed quite a few things so I wouldn't be surprising if many features would be broken or looking/acting weird).
Finally, here are the most important changes I implemented so far:
- Significantly increased readability by increasing font size, line spacing, changing font colours etc.,
- Increased images sizes (photos usually look better in bigger size as more details are visible),
- Refactored top slide-show - changed underlying plugin, customized it and switched to large resolution images to make the blog look more attractive upon first entrance (jaguar looks really cool and somewhat professional to me),
- Made the layout more scalable - it should look good on both small and large resolutions... but I still have some work to do to make this statement really true,
- Simplified the layout - previously some items were "floating" (posts, right column, etc.). Now all the sections are "docked" and adjacent to each other.
|If my blog looks differently for you, please let me know :)|