a27 January 2014

SmugMug and Prints

SmugMug account

It was for very long time on my todo list to set up SmugMug account (it seems that these days each photographer has one) and I finally did - you find it here: http://hdrphotographer.smugmug.com/. If you haven't heard about it yet, SmugMug is a web service for storing, sharing and selling photos. Great way to create fantastic and professional looking online portfolio.

My design, which you can see on the right, is very simple at the moment but I plan to work on it later. For now I wanted to keep things clean.

There were several reasons I chose SmugMug:
  • I needed a good and professional looking portfolio (so far it's simple but it still looks quite nice),
  • SmugMug offers a lot of customization options - you can not only choose from predefined themes but also change colours and add a lot of widgets to your page to make it look unique,
  • According to other photographers it's very reliable,
  • It offers much more than just a portfolio (eg. it allows to view/create slideshows, sell photos, print them etc.),
  • Image quality is great - images look really crisp what is important if you want to impress others with your work (and that's one of the reasons one want to have portfolio after all :) ).
For now only a very small subset of my photos is available there but I plan to successively add more of my images and in the future to closely integrate my blog with it (i.e. to use it as a hosting to my images).

Prints of my photos

The fact that I started to use SmugMug has one more interesting side-effect. You can now purchase prints of my photos (as I decided to get Portfolio plan). You can also buy digital downloads to use my photos as wallpaper for instance. Please note, however, that some photos are available as HD wallpapers for free here - so you don't need to buy them.

To buy my photos you can either:
  • Visit my SmugMug account, select photo of your choice and click on the Buy button there or
  • You can buy the photos directly from my blog by clicking on the Buy button below a photo.
The button looks like this:

At the moment you will find such a button only under newest photos but I will keep adding it also to the older images.

Daily photo - evening in Warsaw

Despite the fact that below high dynamic range photo was taken last year, I could say it was taken just yesterday because Old Town of Warsaw looks almost the same as 12 months ago. Christmas decorations which are still hanging are almost identical as ones in 2013. And probably even a year before.
Christmas evening in Warsaw

Today I was there and took some nice photos. I hope to post them in the next few days.

Technical details:
Camera: Canon 5D MK II
Lens: Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS USM
Focal length: 32 mm
Aperture: f/13.0
Exposure time: 2.0 s ("middle" exposure)
ISO: 200
Number of exposures: 7
E.V. Step: 1.0
Flash used: no
Tripod: yes
Filters: no
Technique: exposure fusion, luminosity masks
Software: Magic Lantern 2.3, Photomatix Pro 5 (Fusion/Natural), Lightroom 5.0, Photoshop CC, Topaz Simplify

Where was this photo taken:

Post a Comment