a4 March 2014

Colours at sunset

Daily photo - Colours at sunset

Today I will share just a high dynamic range photo, without much text. Sorry - I'm quite busy working on a new tutorial (which normally should be available later this week). Pretty colourful photo I should add. I took it at the end of sunset in Puerto Aventuras, Mexico. The colours were really gorgeous and vibrant - water was blue (and crystal clear!), there were some oranges on rocks, greens of algae and pinks & purples in the clouds. Really beautiful. I wish I was there right now :)

If you would like to learn how to create such images yourself, make sure to read my free HDR tutorial. If you prefer to download it or print, I suggest you take a look at the PDF version.
Colours at sunset


Finally some EXIF info:

Technical details:
Camera: Sony NEX-6 (read my review here)
Lens: Sony E 10-18 f/4
Focal length: 10 mm
Aperture: f/9.0
Exposure time: 15 s ("middle" exposure)
ISO: 100
Number of exposures: 7
E.V. Step: 1.0
Flash used: no
Tripod: yes
Filters: Cokin ND X variable density neutral grey
Technique: long-exposure, HDR, tone-mapping, luminosity masks
Software: Photomatix Pro 5 (Contrast Optimizer), Lightroom 5.3, Photoshop CC, Topaz Clarity

Where was this photo taken:

Post a Comment