a17 March 2014

Doesn't Google like me?

Looks like Google doesn't like me

Well, it's sort of sad but apparently Google search algorithms don't like my blog very much for some reason. It's the 2nd time this year when my blog disappeared from search results for "HDR" and "HDR tutorial" keywords (and for a few other too). It resulted in almost 50% drop of daily visits on my blog.

Do I overuse these keywords? Maybe a little bit (but I'm definitely not spamming with them!) but it's hard not to mention them when you're focused on writing about this kind of photography. I also try to share good quality content but apparently Google thinks that my content is not worth showing in search results... well, it's frustrating and demotivating. Why write anything if almost no one will read it? For now, I won't stop blogging because I really like sharing my knowledge but if it will continue to happen I will probably consider that in future.

Daily photo - Have a sit and relax

Time for another landscape photo from Mexico. I took it during blue hour. I found the scene very tranquil, calm and relaxing. I hope you will share my feelings about it!

In this case I captured 5 exposures and as almost with all my night landscape photos I used Exposure Fusion available in Photomatix Pro. Exposure Fusion is an interesting alternative to HDR - it also increases perceived dynamic range in the final image but without producing intermediary 32-bit image (so tone-mapping is not required in this case). It also tends to produce very natural looking images. If you're interested in learning more about it, read this tutorial.
Have a sit and relax


Finally some EXIF info:

Technical details:
Camera: Sony NEX-6 (read my review here)
Lens: Sony E 10-18 f/4
Focal length: 10 mm
Aperture: f/4.0
Exposure time: 8 s ("middle" exposure)
ISO: 100
Number of exposures: 5
E.V. Step: 1.0
Flash used: no
Tripod: yes
Filters: no
Technique: Exposure Fusion, luminosity masks
Software: Photomatix Pro 5 (Fusion/Natural), Lightroom 5.3, Photoshop CC, Topaz Clarity

Where was this photo taken:

Post a Comment