a10 April 2014

Back & Running

I'm back & running

As you probably noticed I haven't updated the blog very regularly recently and when I did, I didn't post any new photos - just some screenshots. Unfortunately my PC had crashed (faulty motherboard, faulty GPU and faulty RAM memory - some crazy things happened to it...) and so I didn't have access to all of my photos so I couldn't process any new images. Now everything is back to normal so it's time for a new image today.

However, I have to admit that I rather enjoyed this short break from blogging (during that period I was active both on 500px, Facebook and Google+) and spent it thinking about my future both as blogger and photographer. And planning future trips. Hopefully you will see some of my ideas being implemented in not so distant future :)

Daily photo - Colourful sunset

Time for a daily photo - colourful sunset in Mexico :)

In fact it was already well after sunset when I took this photo and here's a small tip - most beautiful colours doesn't appear during sunset itself - they appear a few minutes after it ends. Same is true for sunrise - most gorgeous colours can be experienced a few minutes before it starts. Many people don't know about this and they pack their equipment as soon as sunset ends thus missing some great photo opportunities. Bear that in mind when you're out to shoot some sunset next time.
Colourful sunset in Mexico


Finally some EXIF info:
Technical details:
Camera: Sony NEX-6 (read my review here)
Lens: Sony E 10-18 f/4
Focal length: 10 mm
Aperture: f/4.0
Exposure time: 2 s ("middle" exposure)
ISO: 200
Number of exposures: 5
E.V. Step: 1.0
Flash used: no
Tripod: yes
Filters: none
Technique: HDR, tone-mapping, luminosity masks
Software: Photomatix Pro 5 (Contrast Optimizer), Lightroom 5.3, Photoshop CC, Topaz Clarity

Where was this photo taken:

Post a Comment