a12 May 2014

Mountain stream

Daily photo - Mountain stream

Time for new HDR image from Tatra mountains. I took it last year in winter.

Apart from quite dramatic light and contrast, the thing I really like about this image are leading lines (both path and stream) which lead the eye through the image. If you would like to learn more about composing images, make sure to read my tutorial about it.

For this image I also used my painterly technique to get rid of some details and make the image cleaner. If you would like to learn more about this technique, watch this short video where I explain it.
Mountain stream in Tatra mountains


Finally some EXIF info:

Technical details:
Camera: Canon 5D MK III (read my review here)
Lens: Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS USM
Focal length: 24 mm
Aperture: f/7.1
Exposure time: 1/640 s ("middle" exposure)
ISO: 800
Number of exposures: 5
E.V. Step: 1.0
Flash used: no
Tripod: no
Filters: no
Technique: HDR, tone-mapping, luminosity masks
Software: Magic Lantern 2.3, Photomatix Pro 5 (Contrast Optimizer), Lightroom 5.3, Photoshop CC, Topaz Simplify

Post a Comment