a26 June 2014

5000 downloads of HDR tutorial

5000 downloads of HDR tutorial eBook!

I have some great news to share! My free HDR tutorial eBook has been downloaded 5000 times :) If you haven't read it yet, you can get this tutorial here. If you prefer to read it online you can view it here.

It's a really amazing feeling to know that so many of you found my HDR tutorial interesting and useful (I even get emails about that and that's really really nice). It keeps me motivated to share more interesting educational content.

Daily photo - Natural History Museum

Today I would like to share one more image from Natural History Museum in London. It's a really wonderful piece of architecture that reminded me of Hogwarts from Harry Potter movies (I haven't read the books from this series though so I'm not sure how it was described in them). Too bad tripods aren't allowed there...
Natural History Museum in London

Composition

Composition in case of this image is pretty simple. My idea was to use symmetry here. Well, sort of as sides of this scene aren't really symmetrical. But arches are always good candidates for symmetry.

I also used leading lines to guide the viewer through the image towards the arches in the back - especially the railling in foreground but also some additional strong lines on the floor.

Camera Info

Finally some EXIF info:
Technical details:
Camera: Canon 50D
Lens: Canon 10-22 f/3.5-4.5 USM
Focal length: 11 mm
Aperture: f/7.1
Exposure time: 2.0 s ("middle" exposure)
ISO: 100
Number of exposures: 5
E.V. Step: 1.5
Flash used: no
Tripod: no
Filters: no
Technique: Exposure Fusion, luminosity masking
Software: Magic Lantern, Photomatix Pro 5 (Contrast Optimizer), Lightroom 5.4, Photoshop CC, Topaz Clarity, Topaz Detail

Where was this photo taken:

Post a Comment