a5 June 2014

Tower Bridge in the evening

2500 followers on Facebook

I'm happy to announce that I reached another milestone - my Facebook photography page has now more than 2500 followers. For some weird reason recently I get new followers much more frequently (I also get more likes and comments). Either my photography improved or what is more probable, Facebook did some adjustments to their algorithms. Next milestone - 3000 (which I hope to reach in next few months) :)

Daily photo - Tower Bridge

Almost everyone has heard of Tower Bridge in London as this bascule bridge built at the end of 19th century is one of the icons of the UK capital city.

And, as each iconic building in the world, Tower Bridge attracts dozens of photographers each day - in the evening I took below photo there were around 10 other photographers nearby. Most of the photogs actually shoot Tower Bridge in the evening or before sunrise because it looks really amazing with all those colourful lights highlighting it and contrasts well with blues of the sky. It's been photographed millions of times during sunset, sunrise, blue hour and in the middle of the day. And from all possible angles. Unfortunately it means that it's hard to take unique photo of this landmark.
Tower Bridge


Finally some EXIF info:
Technical details:
Camera: Canon 5D MK III (read my review here)
Lens: Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS USM
Focal length: 24 mm
Aperture: f/7.1
Exposure time: 2.5 s ("middle" exposure)
ISO: 100
Number of exposures: 5
E.V. Step: 1.0
Flash used: no
Tripod: yes
Filters: circular polarizing filter
Technique: HDR, tone-mapping, luminosity masking
Software: Magic Lantern, Photomatix Pro 5 (Details Enhancer), Lightroom 5.4, Photoshop CC, Topaz Clarity

Where was this photo taken:

Post a Comment