a6 August 2014

Post-processing Wednesday: Blue sunset in Mexico

before after
Time for another post in my Post-processing Wednesday series. For more posts like this one, go here.

Today it will be slightly different as instead of a lot of text and a few images there is a video (a few of you asked me whether it would be possible). In this video I show how to use a few tools (Photomatix Pro 5, Lightroom, Photoshop, Topaz plugins and luminosity masks) to create and edit HDR image. I also share a few small tips here and there. As always I'm looking forward to your feedback.

BTW don't forget to subscribe to HDR Photographer Newsletter to receive information about most interesting updates to this blog. You can subscribe here.

Also make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel in order to be notified whenever I share new videos there.

Ok, without further ado here is the video showing the workflow:

Camera info

Finally some EXIF information:
Technical details:
Camera: Sony NEX-6 (read my review here)
Lens: Sony 10-18 f/4
Focal length: 12 mm
Aperture: f/7.1
Exposure time: 6 s ("middle" exposure)
ISO: 100
Number of exposures: 6
E.V. Step: 1.0
Flash used: no
Tripod: yes
Filters: no
Technique: HDR, tone-mapping, luminosity masks
Software: Photomatix Pro 5 (Contrast Optimizer), Lightroom 5.4, Photoshop CC, Topaz Clarity, Topaz Detail

Where was this photo taken:

Post a Comment