a21 August 2012

Billions of unknown worlds

As a kid I dreamt of becoming an astronaut. I spent hours reading about Apollo missions, about Mars (and plans of first landing of a man on its surface in the 21st century). When I grew I realized that I have virtually no chances in flying anywhere outside Earth (and what's more I hate even such regular flights) but my fascination in space haven't ceased. I still spent quite a lot of my free time following progress of Voyagers mission (and more recently Curiosity), I watch documentaries about the Universe on the Discovery Channel and so on. However, the best thing is looking up. Seeing all those stars above us, realizing that we are just as tiny as a salt-grain in space scale... that's all amazing and scaring in a sense. Unfortunately I hardly ever have occasion to take a photo of stars and it's even less frequent to have such a clear sky as in the photo above. I took it more than a year ago.

EXIF data:
Camera: Canon 50D
Lens: Canon 10-22 f/3.5-4.5 USM
Focal length: 10 mm
Aperture: f/3.5
Exposure time: 22 s
ISO: 1600
Number of exposures: 1
E.V. Step: n/a
Flash used: no
Tripod: no
Filters: no
Software: Photoshop CS5

Post a Comment