a25 October 2012

New IR and a few milestones reached today

I'm really happy because today I reached two milestones for my photos and blog (yes, I reached both on the same day!). First of all I reached 100.000 views on 500px portal (here is the link to my stream). It isn't that much compared to some 500px best photographers but it still means a lot to me. The second "achievement" is that my blog reached 10.000 page views in a single month (and there are still a few days till the end of October). Of course I would be even happier if it was about visits but still quite a good result for a blog which in March this year had something around 300 views (yes only three hundred!).

Now a few words about the photo from this post. It is an infrared photography I took on the Fuerteventura Island. If you aren't familiar with infrared photography head over to my tutorial about it. It was quite windy so I decided to use faster shutter speeds (if 3 seconds can called be that way...) what required increasing the ISO and using quite fast aperture as well. This in turned resulted in rather shallow depth of field. Although f/6.3 for a focal length of 24 mm is quite much note how close to the foreground I was. So what I did was to take several photos with different points of focus and to stack them (I wrote tutorial about it as well). As this photo has some nice textures, details and light & shadows play I decided to use black & white conversion for it.

EXIF data:
Camera: Canon 5D MK II
Lens: Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS USM
Focal length: 24
Aperture: f/6.3
Exposure time: 3.2 s
ISO: 1600
Number of exposures: 1
E.V. Step: n/a
Flash used: no
Tripod: yes
Filters: Hoya IR R72
Software: Lightroom 4.1, Photoshop CS5

Świetne jest to Twoje kreatywne podejście do "plażoskejpów"! Chyba wydłubię zdjęcia takiej strasznej plaży w strasznej hiszpańskiej miejscowości urlopowej, gdzie wczesnym rankiem robiliśmy zdjęcia (kiedy jeszcze tam było całkiem pusto) i "wywołam" je na nowo. ;-)

Czekam w takim razie na efekty :)

Hello! Did you ever deal a position when a person has stolen any of your personal ideas? Thanks a lot in advance for your answer.

Ideas? I don't know - I only had my photo stolen.

Post a Comment

4 komentarze:

  1. Świetne jest to Twoje kreatywne podejście do "plażoskejpów"! Chyba wydłubię zdjęcia takiej strasznej plaży w strasznej hiszpańskiej miejscowości urlopowej, gdzie wczesnym rankiem robiliśmy zdjęcia (kiedy jeszcze tam było całkiem pusto) i "wywołam" je na nowo. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Did you ever deal a position when a person has stolen any of your personal ideas? Thanks a lot in advance for your answer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ideas? I don't know - I only had my photo stolen.

      Delete