a18 October 2012

Sunrise shot and how I almost lost my gear

Another sunrise photo, I hope you aren't bored with them yet as there are still a few more to come :) actually plenty of them ;) So far this photo is the best I think. Both colours, light on the rocks and choice of shutter speed seem to work well. I think that I managed to show the scene the way I saw it.

A few minutes after taking this shot I almost lost my photography gear. I was shooting with Canon 5D MK II but also had Canon 50D with a 10-22 lens with me. As a bag was rather heavy I put it on the ground in a safe place. Well, at least I thought it was safe... As you see from the above photo the sea was rather rough. Out of a sudden pretty huge wave came in. I grabbed my tripod with 5D on it and ran back. Unfortunately I didn't make my way to the bag as the wave was faster. I was a bit wet but the bag with my Canon 50D was moved by a meter or so. Fortunately for me it really turned out to be weather- and waterproof :) not a single drop got inside. But the conclusion is that if you consider leaving part of your equipment when shooting near the sea, make sure that it is really safe.

EXIF data:
Camera: Canon 5D MK II
Lens: Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS USM
Focal length: 24 mm
Aperture: f/11
Exposure time: 1/8 s ("middle" exposure)
ISO: 100
Number of exposures: 5
E.V. Step: 1.5 E.V.
Flash used: no
Tripod: yes
Filters: ND8 neutral density filter
Software: Magic Lantern, Photomatix Pro 4.2.4, Lightroom 4.1, Photoshop CS5

Post a Comment

2 komentarze: