a13 April 2013

Night HDR photo of the Cathedral in Madrid

It was late evening when I was taking this photo. However, hundreds of other people were there, most of them taking photos too. I was the only one to use tripod, however, what resulted in people giving me strange looks :) from the faces of guys with DSLRs it seemed they were either jealous or at least regretted not taking a tripod with them :)

It was impossible to get rid of the people entirely from the frame so instead of fighting with them, I decided to use them to my advantage. I used long exposure to turn the majority of them into "ghosts". I love this effect because this way photo doesn't freeze a moment any more. It instead freezes period of time (like a few seconds video compressed into one still image). It is evidence of time passing by.

Only people staying almost completely still throughout the exposure appeared in the final shot. And ones that appeared look pretty cool as they take a photo with a flash! Not only it adds some additional light on them but also looks pretty interesting.

EXIF data:
Camera: Canon 5D MK II
Lens: Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS USM
Focal length: 28 mm
Aperture: f/8.0
Exposure time: 10 s ("middle" exposure)
ISO: 200
Number of exposures: 7
E.V. Step: 1
Flash used: no
Tripod: yes
Filters: no
Software: Magic Lantern 2.3, Lightroom 4.2, Photoshop CS6

Super image Wojciech

Put a tripod up in London and you're likely to be moved on!

Thanks Mike. I heard about it (using tripods in London) although I can hardly understand that

Post a Comment

2 komentarze:

  1. Super image Wojciech

    Put a tripod up in London and you're likely to be moved on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mike. I heard about it (using tripods in London) although I can hardly understand that

    ReplyDelete