a9 December 2013

Milky Way

Milky Way over Fuerteventura Island
Click on the photo to view it in large size on black background.
It's not a composite (I don't like creating them honestly speaking) - it's a real photo. Single exposure taken in the middle of the night on Fuerteventura Island.

In this case I used Topaz Clarity (read my review here) to bring some extra clarity to the Milky Way.

To learn how to capture photos like the one above, read my tutorial about shooting stars.

Technical details:
Camera: Canon 5D MK II
Lens: Canon 24 f/1.4 L IS USM II (read my review here)
Focal length: 24 mm
Aperture: f/1.4
Exposure time: 10 s ("middle" exposure)
ISO: 800
Number of exposures: 1
E.V. Step: n/a
Flash used: no
Tripod: no
Filters: no
Technique: n/a
Software: Magic Lantern 2.3, Lightroom 5.0, Photoshop CC, Topaz Clarity

Where was this photo taken:

Post a Comment