a22 January 2014

Painterly photo from Dolina Koscieliska

Using tablet for editing photos

Recently I switched from using regular mouse to Wacom Intuos tablet for photo editing in Photoshop. And you know what? I love it! I really do! Editing is now so much quicker, easier and especially more precise. Although I'm not very good neither in drawing nor in painting (I'm terrible in both in fact) I have no problems with using this tablet. I apply my changes with strength that I want to and exactly where I want to. Making long "brush strokes" is also easier than with regular mouse.

Moreover, as this tablet is very customizable I configured its buttons in such a way that I almost don't need to touch keyboard during editing. Fantastic. Another step to improve efficiency while editing.

You can expect full review of this tablet on my blog in a really short time.

Daily photo - Painterly photo from Dolina Kościeliska

Daily HDR photo is from Kościeliska Valley (Dolina Kościeliska) - a very beautiful and picturesque place in Tatra mountains. One of my favourites in fact. I especially like it's beginning (just after entrance to Tatra National Park) which you can see in the photo below.

I used my painterly processing (you can find more details about it here) on this image to emphasize picturesque nature of this place. I started with a high dynamic range image (5 exposures, 1 EV apart), that I tone-mapped in Photomatix Pro and then adjusted in Photoshop. After that I simply applied my painterly technique to it. I really like how it turned out - it looks really painterly to me. What are your thoughts about this image?
HDR photo from Dolina Kościeliska


Technical details:
Camera: Canon 5D MK II
Lens: Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS USM
Focal length: 24 mm
Aperture: f/8.0
Exposure time: 1/250 s ("middle" exposure)
ISO: 400
Number of exposures: 5
E.V. Step: 1.0
Flash used: no
Tripod: no
Filters: circular polarizing filter
Technique: HDR, tone-mapping, luminosity masks
Software: Magic Lantern 2.3, Photomatix Pro 5 (Details Enhancer), Lightroom 5.0, Photoshop CC, Topaz Simplify

Where was this photo taken:

Post a Comment