a18 February 2014

Crazy Mayan Dance

Daily photo - Crazy Mayan Dance 

I just got back from 2 weeks vacation in Mexico. I took a lot of photos there, mainly landscape ones (the sunsets were really gorgeous! and each of them was different). However, not only. As I made a visit to Xcaret park, which is famous for many interesting activities and shows performed by local actors and dancers, I also had a chance to capture photos of traditional Mayan dances (yes, the same Mayas who predicted the end of the world... in fact they didn't but it's another story which I hope to share in following days).

Below you will find just one of many photos captured by me during shows performed in Xcaret. Some of them were really crazy and I was wondering if they had been really performing or whether they reached some trance status of mind. To show they craziness I decided not to freeze motion. Instead I used slow shutter speed of 1/8 of a second. This way dancers are blurry showing how dynamic their movements were.
Crazy Mayan Dance in Xcaret park

Finally some EXIF info:

Technical details:
Camera: Sony NEX-6
Lens: Sony E 55-210 f/4.5-6.3
Focal length: 63 mm
Aperture: f/5.6
Exposure time: 1/8 s
ISO: 100
Number of exposures: 1
E.V. Step: n/a
Flash used: no
Tripod: no
Filters: no
Technique: long-exposure
Software: Lightroom 5.0, Photoshop CC, Topaz Clarity

Where was this photo taken:

Post a Comment