a11 April 2014

Rocks at Sunset

Daily photo - Rocks at sunset

Today I'd like to share one more sunset photo from Puerto Aventuras, Mexico (I took so many of them there...). I really liked shape of these rocks.

In this case I applied slightly different processing than normally. Although I captured as many as 9 bracketed exposures I decided to use only 3 brightest ones. I opened them in Photomatix Pro 5 two times and each time I used slightly different settings (but each time I used Fusion/Real-Estate processing method). With one image I focused on water and sky and with the other - on the rocks. Then I blended both resulting images in Photoshop CC and increased contrast and saturation a little bit.
Colourful sunset in Mexico


Finally some EXIF info:
Technical details:
Camera: Sony NEX-6 (read my review here)
Lens: Sony E 10-18 f/4
Focal length: 10 mm
Aperture: f/11.0
Exposure time: 25 s ("middle" exposure)
ISO: 100
Number of exposures: 3
E.V. Step: 1.0
Flash used: no
Tripod: yes
Filters: Cokin ND X variable density filter
Technique: HDR, tone-mapping, luminosity masks
Software: Photomatix Pro 5 (Fusion/Real-Estate), Lightroom 5.3, Photoshop CC, Topaz Clarity

Where was this photo taken:

Post a Comment