a1 May 2014

City of Valladolid

Daily photo - Valladolid

Today I would like to share a high dynamic range picture I took in Valladolid city in Mexico. Valladolid is a small colonial style city (as of 2010 it has around 45.000 inhabitants) that is between Merida and Cancun cities. It's very close to Chichen Itza and has pretty nice atmosphere so if you're around make sure to pay a visit there.

This time I decided to go with a bit more "grungy" HDR processing, something that I do very rarely, because I think that details in the road and the church in the background simply look better this way.

BTW if you would like to learn more about HDR photography, make sure to read my free HDR tutorial.
Valladolid


Finally some EXIF info:
Technical details:
Camera: Sony NEX-6 (read my review here)
Lens: Sony E 10-18 f/4
Focal length: 10 mm
Aperture: f/6.3
Exposure time: 1/100 s ("middle" exposure)
ISO: 100
Number of exposures: 3
E.V. Step: 2.0
Flash used: no
Tripod: yes
Filters: no
Technique: HDR, tone-mapping, luminosity masks
Software: Photomatix Pro 5 (Contrast Optimizer), Lightroom 5.3, Photoshop CC, Topaz Clarity

Where was this photo taken:

Post a Comment