a21 November 2014

Winter Midday Sun

Winter & HDR photo guide

As the winter is approaching quickly (we expect first snowfall in just a few days!) make sure you're prepared for shooting in beautiful yet difficult winter conditions by reading my tutorial about

Daily photo - Winter Midday Sun

Today I would like to share winter HDR image I took in Tatra Mountains some time ago. Despite the fact snow turned out somewhat grey in this image (I know that - it's an old picture though), I still like it. Maybe because I simply love mountains and am really missing them at the moment.
HDR photo of Tatra Mountains in Winter.

Camera Info

Finally some EXIF info:
Technical details:
Camera: Canon 5D MK III (read my review here)
Lens: Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS USM
Focal length: 24 mm
Aperture: f/11.0
Exposure time: 1/200 s ("middle" exposure)
ISO: 200
Number of exposures: 5
E.V. Step: 1.5 EV
Flash used: no
Tripod: yes
Filters: no
Technique: HDR, tone-mapping, luminosity masking
Software: Magic Lantern, Photomatix Pro 5 (Fusion Real-Estate), Lightroom 5.4, Photoshop CC, Topaz Clarity, Topaz Detail

Where was this photo taken:

Post a Comment