a14 December 2014

Getting back on track

Getting back on track

This year was (in fact, it still is) pretty disappointing for me as far as blogging is concerned. First my blog disappeared from Google searches almost completely (in January I had several hundred visits just from Google search, now it's about 10 - 50 a day!), then my motivation to blog started to drop what resulted in even further decrease of visitors. I also didn't have that much time to take new photos as in the last 2 years what made my content of worse quality.

But I think I'm finally getting back on track. This week I managed to post a few new entries, including one tutorial about using Contrast Optimizer in Photomatix and another longer story about new HDRsoft's plugin. I have some posts waiting to be published next week (and ideas for a few more). I also have a few pending changes to the blog layout that just needs to be plugged in. So yes, I hope my blog will come back to live and good shape in a few weeks to months from now. That's my hope for 2015 :)

Daily photo - View from Saddle under Kondracka Kopa

Painterly photo of a view from Saddle under Kondracka Kopa


Today I would like to share high dynamic range image I took last autumn in Tatra mountains. The conditions were prett difficult with strong wind blowing all the time what made it too risky to use tripod (I shot this holding my camera).

If you would like to create such images yourself, make sure to read my free HDR tutorial where I show how to do that. And if you would like to learn how to create such painterly effect, watch my video tutorial about creating such results.

Camera Info

Finally some EXIF info:
Technical details:
Camera: Canon 5D MK III (read my review here)
Lens: Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS USM
Focal length: 24 mm
Aperture: f/9.0
Exposure time: 1/500 s ("middle" exposure)
ISO: 320
Number of exposures: 3
E.V. Step: 2.0 EV
Flash used: no
Tripod: no
Filters: circular polarizing filter
Technique: HDR, tone-mapping, luminosity masks
Software: Magic Lantern 2.3, Photomatix Pro 5.0 (Contrast Optimizer), Lightroom 5.4, Photoshop CC, Topaz Clarity, Topaz Detail, Topaz Simplify

Post a Comment