a15 December 2014

HDR tutorial downloaded 10.000 times!

HDR tutorial downloaded 10.000 times!

Just a little more than a year ago, on 30th November 2013, I shared my free HDR tutorial eBook, which is basically offline version of my popular HDR tutorial. Just recently it was downloaded for the 10.000th time! Wow, that's really huge as it gives almost 1000 download per month! Thank you everyone for downloading it, sharing with others and providing useful and kind feedback on my blog, via email, on Google+ and Facebook.
Also some time ago I promised to myself that 10.000 downloads milestone will be a moment when I will start working on a completely new version of my HDR tutorial. So expect refreshed version in a few weeks from now (probably at the beginning of new year)! What will it contain? More samples, more tips and my updated workflow as it changed a little bit recently. I'll also add a few missing bits here and there based on feedback from you. Hopefully, even more.

But maybe there are particular subjects that you would like to see covered in that new version? If so, leave a comment here and I'll try to add them if possible.

Daily photo - Winter in Tatra Mountains

Winter in Tatra Mountains

For a daily photo I chose winter high dynamic range image I took almost 2 years ago in Tatra National Park, Poland. I thought that snow, clouds and dark rocks made it a perfect candidate for black & white conversion so I went with it.

Camera Info

Finally some EXIF info:
Technical details:
Camera: Canon 5D MK III (read my review here)
Lens: Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS USM
Focal length: 28 mm
Aperture: f/9.0
Exposure time: 1/1000 s ("middle" exposure)
ISO: 800
Number of exposures: 5
E.V. Step: 1.5 EV
Flash used: no
Tripod: no
Filters: circular polarizing filter
Technique: HDR, tone-mapping, luminosity masks
Software: Magic Lantern 2.3, Photomatix Pro 5.0 (Contrast Optimizer), Lightroom 5.4, Photoshop CC, Topaz Clarity, Topaz Detail, Topaz Simplify, Topaz BW Effects

Post a Comment