a25 May 2014

Iguana in the grass

Daily photo - Iguana in the grass

I'm not shooting animals very often because it requires patience and knowledge about their behaviours and I have neither of them. But I still like to do that when I have a chance... that is when I'm lucky enough to come across some animal during my travels. Today I would like to show a photo of a beautiful iguana lizard which I met in Mexico (BTW iguanas are native to tropical areas of Mexico). It was sitting patiently and still for quite a long time allowing me to take multiple photos of it. This is the one I like most. I'm especially pleased with amount of detail I managed to capture. Scales on its head look amazing to me! Also dark background works pretty well here because it provides nice isolation of my model :)
Iguana in the grass

Finally some EXIF info:

Technical details:
Camera: Sony NEX-6 (read my review here)
Lens: Sony E 55-210 f/4.5-6.3
Focal length: 210 mm
Aperture: f/6.3
Exposure time: 1/400 s
ISO: 125
Number of exposures: 1
E.V. Step: n/a
Flash used: no
Tripod: no
Filters: no
Technique: n/a
Software: Lightroom 5.4, Photoshop CC, Topaz Clarity

Post a Comment