a26 March 2015

Beautiful end of the day

Daily photo - Beautiful end of the day

While I'm still preparing some longer posts about Thailand (and thinking about the ways to get back there), today I would just like to share this sunset image from Phra Nang beach in Krabi district. Phra Nang beach is probably one of the most impressive place I've ever been to with numerous tall limestone formations sticking out from the sea.

I had clear idea what I wanted to achieve with this photo - I wanted the sun to be between various formations and create star-like effect. It worked pretty well. And you can see that Canon 16-35 f/4 L IS creates really nice star-burst effect.

BTW for this image (which had some crazy dynamic range) I used luminosity blending technique - not HDR. I tried to tone-map the image in Photomatix but this time I like manually blended result better and so went with this approach.
Admiring the Sunset
And finally EXIF info for this image:
Technical details:
Camera: Canon 5D MK III (read my review)
Lens: Canon 16-35 f/4 L IS USM
Focal length: 20 mm
Aperture: f/22.0
Exposure time: 2.5 s ("middle" exposure)
ISO: 50
Number of exposures: 7
E.V. Step: 1.5 EV
Flash used: no
Tripod: yes
Filters: no
Technique: manual blending, luminosity masking
Software: Magic Lantern, Lightroom 5.7, Photoshop CC 2014, Topaz Clarity, Topaz Detail

Post a Comment