a26 November 2013

Gorilla portrait

Portrait of gorilla from Warsaw zoo
Click on the photo to view it in large size on black background.
It's definitely not my typical photo but I really love to shoot animals. One of my dreams is to go on a safari and shoot in the wild but for now I shoot mainly in the local zoo. I decided to go with B&W conversion because I think it fits this beautiful gorilla much more.

Technical details:
Camera: Canon 5D MK III
Lens: Canon 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS USM
Focal length: 300 mm
Aperture: f/5.6
Exposure time: 1/250 s ("middle" exposure)
ISO: 800
Number of exposures: 1
E.V. Step: n/a
Flash used: no
Tripod: no
Filters: circular polarizing filter
Technique: luminosity masking
Software: Magic Lantern 2.3, Lightroom 5.0, Photoshop CC, Topaz Clarity

Where was this photo taken:

Post a Comment